Software Management, Process Management, Functional Safety, Cybersecurity
Accelerate and optimize your processes with our consulting services in the areas of open-source software management, engineering and business processes, functional safety, and cybersecurity.
Make effective use of your competitive advantage with open-source software management
Deploying open-source software brings significant benefits, such as shorter development times, lower initial costs, not being dependent on an individual vendor, and generally easier and reliable access to support. There are, however, also risks associated with this, for example, when license obligations for a product are not complied with when it is passed on. Further risks include legal injunctions, product recalls, the disclosure of your own proprietary software, and claims for damages as a result of copyright lawsuits.
The procedure we use for introducing professional open-source software management includes the analysis and evaluation of existing processes that are in place in the company for reviewing the various license obligations of the many different license models involved. We also provide you with assistance in the form of training courses, demand analyses, and adapted process solutions as well as verification of their effectiveness.
Our portfolio of services
- Evaluation of existing processes for handling open-source software
- Training courses with regard to awareness of potentially arising problems and the need to provide regulatory measures
- Introduction of product-related measures and tailored processes for management of the software and its integration
- Implementation of open-source software management in the supply chain and at suppliers
- Advice about potential tool support for scanning software for open-source components and about generating documents for product marketing
Optimize your engineering and business processes with enhanced process management
Many improvement activities focus on the management of processes through regulatory measures and activities for increasing efficiency, improving quality, and implementing adaptations to legal, customer, or project requirements. Your processes, however, are as unique as your company and your product. The services you render and perform are all based on your very individual process landscape. At the same time, the effort and costs must be in the right proportion to the business benefits to ensure your company’s economic viability and success. And, what is more, proper process management must be implemented across all stages of the process chain, from the end customer to the supplier.
Does your company also have processes that are based on certain standards and norms? Do you suspect there is a need for improvement and optimization? We will help you find and delineate areas where action needs to be taken and will support you in finding approaches to dealing with problems in a structured way. In the next step, we will develop implementation proposals and then drive the process of change together with you. Our scalable methods and processes are suitable for implementation in small and large organizations alike. Furthermore, we consider your entire value chain – in other words: we do not just introduce optimizations at specific, individual points.
Intensifying your activities
Taking appropriately adjusted steps toward achieving your set objectives is very important. With this in mind, we will manage the teams at your premises, conduct GAP analyses, and help you to close any gaps in your strategy. Thanks to our extensive experience, we are able to offer you practicable custom solution modules.
Our certified business process professionals provide you with competent and goal-oriented assistance to help you guide your organization toward its objectives step by step. Our trusted, successful partnership is very important to us – we will only conclude our project when we are sure all processes have been properly implemented and are running stably in your company.
Our portfolio of services
- Analysis of the current state of implemented processes
- Active integration of individual success factors
- Experience transfer
- Effective support when implementing improvements
- Product development: CMMI, SPICE, A-SPICE, Scrum, kanban
- Management systems: EFQM, ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949
- Safety-critical applications: IEC 61508, ISO 26262
- Development of the complete process strategy
- Analysis and design of the process landscape
- Measurement of process performance
- Process evaluation and process auditing
- Process optimization
- Implementation of target processes
- Training in process management
- Ensuring the long-term stability of implemented processes
With the many control units deployed in today’s applications, functional safety in E/E systems plays an extremely important role. Regulations and safety standards exist for many industries that include specifications relating to the individual processes and the technical implementation of functional safety. Functional safety means the freedom from an unacceptable risk of physical injury or of damage to health that can arise as a result of malfunctioning E/E systems. An example of this standards landscape is ISO 26262 for road vehicles, which is based on the generic safety standard IEC 61508 and was published in November 2011 as an industry-specific standard for functional safety and then updated in 2018.
We offer combined knowledge and experience acquired in diverse fields of application and at multiple levels of development, from the vehicle level to the ECU level, and for the implementation of functional safety in processes and technology according to the applicable laws and standards, such as:
- Automotive (ISO 26262, ISO 6469, ECE regulations, among others)
- Mobile machinery and industrial applications (ISO 25119, ISO 13849, IEC 62061, Machinery Directive, among others)
- Rail vehicles (DIN EN 50128, DIN EN 50129, among others)
- Aviation (DO-178C, DO-254, 14 CFR Part 23, Certification Regulations, among others)
As a service provider in these areas of application, we are familiar from our own engineering and development activities with the special features and properties of the products and can help you to develop them in a way that ensures their competitiveness and compliance with the respective standards. We offer you a broad range of support when it comes to the implementation of functional safety in accordance with your specific requirements – fully tailored to your individual system and organization. Our services include safety consulting, safety engineering, and safety assessment.
With our safety consulting services, we bring clarity to the sometimes obscure and unfathomable world of regulations, directives, standards, and technical requirements relating to functional safety.
Depending on your wishes, we can analyze your processes, organization, or technical system and can work together with you to develop solutions and proposals for improving the standards-compliant implementation of functional safety in your products. In addition, we can train your employees in all aspects of functional safety, as required, and can support you with their implementation in the form of a safety management solution.
Based on our many years of experience in the development of safety-related products within a variety of different domains, we can also help you to find the best, most efficient, and suitable safety solutions. Bosch Engineering develops custom safety concepts – for you and together with you – for your special applications and implements them in hardware and software in accordance with the relevant safety standards. When it comes to validating your solutions, we can carry out safety analyses based on qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. FTA, FMEDA) and we can assist you with integration, testing, and validation activities.
As a safety systems developer with many years of experience, we know exactly where potential trouble spots lie and can assess your product and subsequently provide you with feedback with regard to achieving functional safety.
We can examine your processes and how the aspect of safety is implemented by your organization within the scope of a safety audit or evaluate the technical implementation of functional safety in your product as part of a safety assessment. Both services can also serve as preparation toward certification by authorities or your customers — and include the relevant proof of standards conformity (certificate of conformity).
Protection against unauthorized access to functions and against the targeted manipulation of data is becoming increasingly important as connectivity between embedded systems and cloud services continues to grow. With customer solutions developed by Bosch Engineering and established cybersecurity expertise, we offer our customers holistic solutions to protect assets like manufacturers’ intellectual property and the privacy of end users.
We will be delighted to advise and support our customers in engineering and development activities in the following areas:
- Methodical system evaluation and documentation in the area of threat and risk analyses
- Designing security measures for adequate risk minimization
- Security training courses tailored to your specific requirements
As a strong security engineering partner, we can offer our customers a broad range of related services, including the following:
- Preparation of security implementation specifications
- Coding security measures taking into account security software policies
- Cybersecurity lifecycle management – monitoring and definition of measures throughout the value-adding chain (from development and production to scrapping/disposal)
- Fixing security vulnerabilities with security software updates delivered via wireless interfaces (FOTA)