EU General Safety Regulation
Advanced Driver Assistance System, Vehicle System Solution, Feature Standardization, Vehicle Verification and Validation
The European Commission adopted an update to the General Safety Regulation (GSR). This Regulation defines safety technologies and design features that must become standard in new cars, vans, trucks and busses in the European Union. Since then, certain ADAS functions in particular are going to be mandatory to be integrated by the GSR. The mandatory introduction date for the first functions is 7 July 2022 for new vehicle types and 7 July 2024 for new vehicles.
Bosch Engineering therefore offers a complete solution - the so-called "GSR Kit" - which consists of services and components to upgrade your vehicle toward the upcoming GSR-regulation.
With Bosch Engineering you are “GSR ready” with just one kit!
We provide the required additional components as well as all systems engineering services needed to integrate the GSR features into your vehicle.
For the regulation we offer the following topics:
- Individual consulting regarding product integration and relevant processes
- Individual gap analysis for existing E/E architectures
- Provision of functional chains of relevant GSR Features including all needed functional requirements on vehicle level
- Provision of delta-specifications for all installed/heritage components which includes the added functionality needed to complete the feature functional chain
- Provision of main perception components (Front-, Rear- and Driver monitoring Camera) which are additionally required to the already existing vehicle components
Verification and Validation
- Complete verification and validation of the specified feature functionality on vehicle level
Reduction of complexity
With our holistic approach, we combine multiple components in one harmonized solution.
Faster time to market
Our kit solution will increase the speed of development and reduce the development effort.
Your benefits with us
Your strong partner in cross-domain development with many years of experience in driver assistance and all components involved. Through specifications and verification we enable you to integrate new features.